Professional Web Designer with solid experience successfully designing sites ranging from start-ups and non-profits to SMB and Fortune 500 companies. A service focused, deadline driven professional with strong interpersonal and interdepartmental skills. Able to create customer focused sites that deliver the content users need, on the screens they use, for the results the organizations want.
- Web design | Presentation design | Design guides
- Art direction | Responsive design | UX production
- Cartooning | Illustration | Storyboards
- Adobe CS | MS Office | PC, Mac, Linux
2000 – PRESENT
Web | Presentation | Consulting | Cartooning
Consult with clients to design effective web, mobile and presentation communications that connect with their target audience, using the right tools responsive to their needs.
- Directed, designed, managed and built websites for a range of clients on time within budget.
- Designed UI and UX for web, mobile and responsive sites, with the styles, patterns and guides to support future production.
- Consulted on content, designed and built clear and effective presentations for a range of audiences and uses.
- Created cartoons and illustration for publications, presentations, promotions, video and web.
2014 – PRESENT
Blogger and creator of “Mo & Mo en Route”. A social/political blog and cartoon about Mosley G.H. (ground hog) and Mo-Lee Mullvad (mole) on a search, looking for answers, trying to find out where this makes sense, and asking “No really, why?”
PALO ALTO, CA
2001 – 2014
HP Global Marketing UX Group (2012 – 2014)
Created, maintained and tested UX standards, guides and patterns for the HP.com.
- Actively collaborated in the creation and deployment of the Enterprise Software Web Style Guide. The guide using an app store model, resulted in increased traffic, greater downloads and Q1 leads worth $46M.
- Created a web pattern library workflow. Resulted in improved tracking, timely updates,
team coordination and a consistent user web experience.
- Worked with the social media groups to create effective ads and promotions that drove traffic to events and offers, while keeping a strong and consistent brand presence.
- Managed the HP.com Pattern Library and Web Style Guides. Met pattern accessibility standards to comply with government requirements. Applied responsive behaviors to evolve and improve the site user experience.
Web Designer Manager
HP Enterprise Web Global Marketing (2008 – 2012)
Designed and directed graphic content and templates for HP.com/go/enterprise.
- Managed, created and designed templates, guides and graphics for a site wide re-brand. Resulted in a new look and feel, an improved user experience, all delivered on time.
- Received Rock-star Award for the Clean Sheet Project, given for the most outstanding achievement by a team in marketing communications during the quarter.
- With a tight turn-around, created design and graphics for a mobile app interface for an HP event. The app provided attendees with an easier way to connect to social media and to what was happening at the event.
- Received Rock-star Award for the HP Connect Mobile App, given for the most outstanding individual achievement in marketing communications during the quarter.
- Created, updated and managed all graphics for HP Enterprise sites, including social sites, ads and presentations. Aligned all properties to leverage the HP Brand and standards.
HP Enterprise Web Team (2004 – 2008)
Designed and directed the graphic content for HP.com/go/enterprise.
- Over a couple of iterations, designed, created and managed templates and graphics to implement, a new look and feel and brand across the enterprise sites. Resulted in a new brand look, a consistent user experience for all enterprise pages.
- Managed, maintained and created the graphics for HP Enterprise external facing pages, internal pages, presentations, ads and social pages. Resulting in a unified HP Brand across the Enterprise site, with a cohesive and improved user interface.
Compaq/HP Services eTeam (2001 – 2004)
Created, designed and directed the graphics for compaq.com/services.
- Designed, directed and created templates and graphics to transition the Services site. Migrated the Compaq Brand to the HP Brand, creating a unified user experience.
- Received HP Marketing Excellence Award, given in recognition for being responsive to an urgent need and the delivery of high quality work.
- Edited, produced and designed an intranet magazine and portal site. The site provided Services Marketing with access to the latest news, links and marketing materials.
- Designed and produced graphics and animation for an interactive demo for eCarepaq. The demo made it easier for customers to access high value, high margin services.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Contract Web Designer
- Agency Graphic Designer/Director
- Corporate Senior Graphic Designer
- Agency Art Director
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
- B.A. Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI: Liberal Arts, graduated with Honors
- Art Institute of Boston, Boston, MA: Advertising Art
- Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management, Glendale, AZ